All parents have little milestones for their kids. You know, the things that mark whether or not you have been successful in raising your kids. For little ones, it is solid foods, potty training, and sleeping through the night … then, dressing themselves, making friends, and learning their letters and numbers. The list goes on and on. I sometimes wonder whether or not I’ll ever get all the little things taught. But for me, there are three BIG milestones.
1. Spiritual – To teach about Christ and what it means to live in God’s will. I know the final step to becoming Christians is between them and God, but I don’t want to fall short on the sharing part. (We’re 2 for 3 where becoming Christians is concerned ... one is still too young.)
2. Physical – To prepare them to be independent men by the time they are 18. (One is almost there, one is just behind him, and one still has to hold a “big person’s” hand while crossing the street.)
3. Intellectual – To raise literate, intelligent, interesting adults. (Three of three are right on track … although they are not actually adults yet.)
They are all three well on their way. Parenting can be hard, and more than just a little bit scary. But I’m so proud of my guys. They truly are terrific!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment