Friday, October 26, 2007

All Through the Day

Every evening when it is time for bed, we share a ritual with Nathan. First he gets pjs on, we read a story, we pray, we sing songs, then it is time for sleep. The last song we sing with him is always a song called "All Through the Day". The other night, when David was out-of-town, I was singing with Nathan, who was in quite an unusual mood. Instead of singing along or just listening, he was the commentator. It went something like this ...


All through the day ... "when I play"

All through the night ... "when I sleep"

Dwell in His promises ... "yep"

Walk in his light ... "click"

Darkness shall flee ... "goodbye"

At His command ... silence

All through the day and night you're in His hands ...


to which he replied, "That doesn't make a bit of sense!" ... a little too abstract for our literal kid.

No comments: